Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The Librarian's Mantra

"It is the duty of every good citizen to use all the opportunities which occur to him, for preserving documents relating to the history of our country." Thomas Jefferson

John Quincy Adams (1767-1848)

JOHN QUINCY ADAMS was a true son of the American Revolution. His father was John Adams, American Founding Father and statesman, and his mother was Abigail Adams, correspondent and writer. John Quincy Adams served with his father in foreign courts, as well as in the House of Representatives and as President. His writings are a rich legacy of the generation which proceeded from the Founding Fathers, and his words are the account of a man who grew up in the midst of the founding and lived to tell the proceeding generations about it.

2 comments:

Thanks. So much of history is hidden and hard to access that bubbling it to the surface is an admirable cause.
When searching for historic, primary documents what often turns up in search engines are references to references of collections that have not been digitized. Or as you mentioned require a username / password and monthly fee to access (for example a site like Questia).

August 31, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Thank you so much, Hans. I am glad you like the blog, and your kind words make me feel that my work is worth the work I put into it.

I looked at your Blogger profile, and noticed that you run the "Family Tales" website. This is a very helpful resource for me, and for other students of history. Thanks so much for this website. I am sure I will refer to it often.

I hope that you will return here, and continue to enjoy the blog. Thanks again.

God bless you.

August 31, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home